FILL- The Story of Four 32-Year-Old Women


source

She walked to the bedroom window of her penthouse that faced the New York City skyline and smiled to herself, thinking of the business deal that she had just snatched from her competitors. Paused for a while and then, quickly reached her cell phone and called the chauffeur to tell him to keep her Mercedes ready. They then, drove to the jewelry store in the uptown market. She had decided to treat herself for her accomplishment. She had decided to FILL her drawer with a few more diamonds. She was 32!


She had lost her father to lung cancer. Her mother to poverty. Her brother had run away to a far off land, never to be seen again. Her world had shattered before her eyes at a very tender age but this guy, to whom she had been married for the last 10 years, had FILLED her life with love and laughter, more than what her sad eyes could have ever dreamed of. She was 32!

She had been waiting for this day since years, accumulating the money and the courage to be able to jump off the plane, flying at a height of 15000 feet. And here she was today, on the edge of aircraft door, ready to FILL  the sky with her shrills, as she sky dived. She was 32!


She had pacified her 2 year old to sleep. She knew that her son was hungry but she had somehow managed to put him to 'the bed of rags'! As she watched the apple of her eye lying there, with prominent tear marks on his cheeks, she thought of the incident that had left her crippled and she thought of the man, who had turned his back on her and their child. Tears of helplessness rolled down her cheeks. She quickly shook her head to come back to the present, wiped off the tears and started thinking of tomorrow, when her little one would be wide awake. She will have a stomach to FILL in the morning but no means. She was 32!


__________________________________________________


FILL - The story of four 32-year-old women, all from different walks of life, was written for Five Minute Friday- the writing flash mob!
This also happens to be my first attempt at writing fiction!




Comments

  1. Stories though small but quite captivating. You can start writing books now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha.. writing books... I don't think I can get there.. but I am so glad that you liked my small attempt :)

      Delete
  2. That FMF community is so much fun ... and a real stretching encouragement to pen something of thought or value in all of 300 seconds!

    I love it ... and I'm glad to visit with you here once again!

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! It is! And for people like me who spend hours writing a single post, FMF is such a good practice to write something meaningful without spending a lot of time.

      Thanks for your visit, Linda :)

      Delete
  3. How exciting, Tanya; I can feel your energy in the flow and fluidity of your words! Maybe you've just started the next great novel!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement, Poppy! Your comments always make me happy :)
      Keep visiting!

      Delete
  4. Oh Tanya! This is such a good story. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Michelle! Thrilled to have such wonderful remarks from excellent writers like you :)

      Delete
  5. I love the style you chose, telling several drastically different lifestyles! So awesome and so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tanya, I really enjoyed these glimpses. You really seem to have a talent for writing fiction. Thanks for visiting my blog. Leigha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping by from Five Minute Friday. I like this! Are you going to expand on each of these characters? I'd love to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow,, I can't believe that is your first attempt at writing fiction. Excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful, Tanya! I'd say you have the beginnings of four amazing stories. I loved reading them! I appreciate your visit to my blog. Keep at the fiction. You seem to have a knack for it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All the sweet comments from you ladies have been more than encouraging. Had never expected such a wonderful response! I am honored!

      Delete
  10. WOW, stopping by from 5MF and love your fiction in 5 minutes! :) You definitely caught my attention with just a few short lines! way to go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot, Julie! Happy to know that you liked it.

      Delete
  11. This definitely makes me want to know more about these women and their lives! Nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Keisha! All you wonderful readers motivate me to write more about these women but I doubt my skills.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your views...

Popular Posts