August is here!

Hardly a few hours into August and my Facebook status read-

'The much awaited end to the long, dry, sultry and high-on-budget month is here...
making way for my favorite part of the year -
chain of birthdays, 'anniversary', festivals, fun, family, monsoon, food and more!

Happy August y'all :)
'

Yes, August marks the beginning of my favorite part of the year, running through March! 8 out of 10 immediate family members have their birthdays in the next 6 months. Our wedding anniversary in November adds another occasion to the list. The Indian holiday calendar just makes it better with the highly biased ratio of 1:8 !!

Rakshabandhan celebrations on August 2nd gave a beautiful start to the festivities.






Summing it all up in my Collage Style


And this is how we bid good-bye to July'2012... with tears - tears of joy!





Because I cannot do without collages!

Hope the days to come are as good for all of us, as they appear to be from where we are today!
Wishing you all a terrific time ahead!


Comments

  1. I am now following you on Pinterest.

    I also wanted to invite you to my blog. I just began a new linky party entitled “Friday’s Favorite Pin” where you link up your favorite pin of the week. And yes, it can be your own creation.

    Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds fun!! Will join in for sure... Thanks for the invite, Laura :)

      Delete
  2. Hey hun!! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog.. Yes.. you surely gave us a new topic for the post.. Would write on it for sure! :) I don't see u in my gfc list.. anyway. I was looking for ur gfc tab..I can't find it in this new blog sphere..pls help!

    ~Boomerang Plus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey..if you hover over to the upper-right side of the page, the menu pops up. You can find the GFC button there! I have this feeling from my blogger friends here that this format is not very user-friendly.. will switch soon! Thanks for coping, meanwhile!

      Will hope over to your blog to ensure that I am still on your list!

      Delete
  3. Wowww tanya the pics are beautifull!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kala.. It's really pleasing when random clicks turn out to be good!

      Delete
  4. You have a beautiful space here..loved the Rakshabandhan collage and wonderful captures of the monsoon in action.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Vandana! These are just random musings... the monsoon pics were shot while I was stuck in traffic on the way to work ;) :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your views...

Popular Posts