His Thirtieth

26th January, when my country celebrates Republic Day, I celebrate a very special person’s birthday- my dear husband’s. It was Sanket’s milestone birthday this year. My man is 30 now!!

I thought and thought hard and came up with the idea of collecting birthday messages from his friends and family and give them all to him collectively. The idea behind this was to make everyone’s presence felt even when they were miles away and to let Sanket know, how special he is for each of us.

Thankfully, my mind worked well in advance this time. I started sending out the emails almost 2 months in advance (but I still got the messages till the very last minute). A new account was used and emails were sent in all possible directions. I had to dig into Sanket’s gmail account to search for his old friends, whom I’d never met. My sister took up the charge of reminding my side of the family and my Mother-in-Law managed the other side. Follow-ups, constant reminders and requests, finally fetched nearly 70 messages!!

The 70 messages were placed in 30 cards (30 for 30th b’day). Here are the pictures of the end products. Fasten your seat belts, you are about to face a hurricane of photographs.


































I purposely stuck to Blues and Greens, no Pinks-Reds-Oranges because I wanted to keep it ‘boyish’. For the same reason Black-n-White photographs were used. This helped me to avoid a lot of colors on the face of cards. Print out of messages kept the cards neat and moreover, I did not want other’s messages to be written by me. However, I did personalize my card with a handwritten note on top of it (Just so me!!). I choose to use limited colors and supplies, which put me in a situation to crack my nerves to come up with different fronts for all the Thirty Cards.

Suggestion: If you plan to do the same, please plan ahead. It includes a lot of dependency on others and people’s busy schedules need consideration.

Though Sanket is not much of a reader, he had a great time going through the messages. And why not, most of the people stuck to the rule – ‘Only-Praises-on-Birthdays’! Nostalgia and leg-pulling added to the fun. A happy Birthday Boy Sanket was and that was worth all the efforts.

A very special ‘Thank You’ to all those who spared time for us and sent their messages. It was a pleasure to have you with us on the special day!!






Comments

  1. osummm....yar ye Ideas kahan se aate hai ...i cn actually understnd sankets curosity 2 read in dem when how i wish to peek in side whats written ..::
    marvellous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks.
      I wouldn't have minded including the messages here as well but I could not manage to get an NoC for this from Sanket for obvious reasons ;)

      Delete
  2. very neat idea..way to go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nayana :)
      How have you been... long time!

      Delete
  3. Wow, Awesome.

    Thanks for making us part of the celebration.

    Congrats Sanket and Tanya, And Best wishes to you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shri, actually it were the messages that made the efforts worthwhile. I just tried to do justice to the words by trying to making it presentable.

      Delete
  4. hehehe... lovely didu, i still remember how confused we were while selecting the papers, thinking deeply on which combination would go best :D . Buying the papers in Mumbai was a crazy thought altogether cos after buying them in Mumbai they travelled to Hyderabad and finally to Gurgaon. I could not imagine how would you hide them from G all through, but you managed. I must say the end product is just awesome, and i wanna see the cards when i come there... and plz next tym select other pictures of mine too... i know i look awesome in this... but the truth is I AM TOTALLY AWESOME AND PRETTY ALL THE TIME, and you have more options ;) :*


    LABBU DIDU & G :*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehehee.. yes, and I was worried all the time- what if I fall short of the papers!! The sheets actually stayed in my bag for almost 15 days before I took them out to start working on the cards. Good that I bought it from Mumbai else I would have ended up buying something weird from here!
      Nice choice of colors... 'TaRi' rocks!! Love you toooozzz...

      Delete
  5. great ...very innovative ..
    lots of good wishes to both of you .. Tc

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jst awesome...u r truly creative...happy birthday to sanket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton for the birthday wishes and appreciation :)

      Delete
  7. hamesha ki tarah so different,bahut aachcha hai

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Sonya.. apni photo dekh k bhi khush ho gayi hongi!

      Delete
  8. Very lovely cards just loved themmm such a sweet gift :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh.. Happy Birthday to your hubby!! Where have you been .. Tanya?? Its been a long time... HOpe you are well..

    Lovely idea.. and display of affection.. the cards are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just hopping on from one platform of life to another!! With a full-time job at hand, blogging takes the second place (alas!). But I am constantly drawing inspiration from super awesome ladies like you, who manage all the worlds so well and I promise to be pretty regular here! *Smiles*

      Glad that you liked the cards... the day I finished this was the last day of my full-time fun@home.

      Delete
  10. You did a great job creating and implementing this idea, Tanya! You are both so young!!! Belated wishes to your husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa :)

      I read this comment a couple of months back and your wishes were auto-forwarded to the b'day boy! Apologies for replying so late. I am sure you are having a good time!

      Cheers

      Delete
  11. Cool idea Tanya,you did a fantastic job for your man.He should take pride to you.
    Blessing for you,happy couple. gifts for men

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your wishes, Mehtab :) Means a lot!

      Delete
  12. Thank you for coming to link into Made with Love on CD :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Arey yaar, ye chhote flowers kaise banaye....I too need them for my card....help me!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though I think I replied to this in person.. but just for the records... it's a punch!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your views...

Popular Posts