Pinterest... My New Interest

Notice the red button on the right?


Click it and you'll be redirected to Pinterest, the virtual pinboard.

If you have been browsing the internet for ideas and then just hopped from one image to another, getting caught in the 'web', you would have felt the need to keep a track of all these 'hops'. One way would be to maintain a log of the URLs. The other would be to download the image and then organize it on your machine. Pinterest provides a better solution to this problem. Search-Image-Click-Saved!

Pinterest lets you pin your favorite images on customized boards (like the Folders on your computer). You can have boards for DIYs, Books to Read, Movies to Watch, Car You Love to Look at Often, Craft Ideas, Shoes You Like, Recipes... just anything! and then pin up the images you like on these boards.

Getting Started
  • Request an invite from Pinterest or just ask somebody who is already a member to send you an invite. I can do that, if you want!
  • You can also log in using your Facebook or Twitter account.
  • Set up your profile.
  • Install the 'Pin-it' button to the Browser Bookmarks Bar.
  • You are good to go.
  • If you find an interesting image on a web page, click the 'pin it' button on your bookmarks bar. It then gives you a list of all the images on that page. Select the image you want to pin and it gets pinned to the board you select. You can also add a description to go with it.
  • You can re-pin, like and comment on others' pins. Follow other users.
 Have a look at my Pinterest page here. I don't have a very big collection at the moment but I do use Pinterest every now and then. Need to get the Pinterest App for iPhone, so that I don't miss out on the stuff I come across while I am using the phone. 

Ready to start pinning? If the bullets above did not help you much, consider the following links. 

Want to add the Pinterest buttons on your blog? Read this.
The 'Follow Me' button was easy to add. However, the 'Pin it' button requires some patience. I gave up! If you need help configuring it, read this.

WARNING: Pinterest can be really addictive!

See you in the world of PINS :) Don't forget to share your experience!


P.S.- If you have some interesting boards and you would like others to have a look, please leave the link to your Pinterest Home Page in the comment box below. Let's make it all about- Pinning and Repinning.

Comments

  1. I love Pinterest, too. Thanks for the sweet comment in my blog. Btw, I'm admiring all your creative posts here. Can you please share them at the Creative Bloggers' Party & Hop? Hope to see you there at the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. finding this post was a blessing!! I was going crazy trying to add the pin it button to my images... but i'm so technically challenged I kept giving up!! your link has helped... but i'm still having trouble with the placement.... hope i can fix it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow.. good to know that the post helped somebody.
      Hope you are through with the placement.

      Happy Pinning :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I would love to hear your views...

Popular Posts